May 14, 2011

The Jewelry Joint


Denim Vest- Neiman Marcus, The Who Tee- Vintage/Marg's closet, Red shorts- Urban Outfitters, Black Tie Oxford Pumps- Jeffrey Campbell, Megalodon Shark Tooth- mom made, Blue/Silver Bangles- Free People, Beaded Bracelets- various, Shark Tooth Ring- mom made.Oh.My.God. This damn Texas weather is really starting to irk me. One day it is 90°, then the next it is raining with tornado warnings and the temperatures are dropping…drastically. So, as you can imagine, this sudden pour of rain ruined any chance of spending an hour or so pretending to be a model outside in some gorgeous forest/cemetery/or any other weird-ass place Margaret & Joey seem to always be able to find to shoot pictures. Well, it ended up we were forced to capture my outfits from inside their amazingly cool apartment building (or should I say “phase”?) The photos here are from the inside of their place. Yes, that’s right. Their place is as cool as you would think (if you know them); there’s even a shrine of Margaret. Cool? Yes. I now want one in my own room. Cocky? No.My favorite picture (no I am not conceited) is the one of me staring at the array of Marg's jewelry on the table. Not photo'd: a huge freaking like, shipping, brown box containing MORE fabulous little trinkets. Joey was starving, and Margaret and I are probably the worst procrastinators ever, so you can only imagine a hungry man wanting the infamous In N’ Out Burger trying to be patient while I was trying to decide on jewelry (which of course led to a whole other discussion, delaying our food trip even more).
Finally, pictures were finito. So we hop in Joey’s big man car to get ourselves some good ol Cali-born burgers. Unfortunately, when we arrived, there were cars lined up over a mile long. No way were we waiting on that, their meat can’t be that good. Then we see an ambulance! This is horrible to say, but the fact that this famous burger joint already had an ambulance ready to take someone in to the ER. It was kind of hilariously ironic that someone was being taken away from one of the fattest fast-food places; well, unless it was something like they found a dead body near the place (if you don’t understand that, read the Police&Pictures post). But Marg swears it was probably just someone thinking they are having a heart attack, but truly, it was just a panic attack (over not getting their cheeseburger fast enough – oh us Americans). It’s quite a sad, anxious world we live in today. No, not even “quite,” – it is. Oh man, I feel a really long, rambling rant coming. I’m just going to stop typing now to protect myself from possible embarrassment.

Well, I am going to go and enjoy my afternoon playing a “Phineas & Ferb” board game now. Not my choice in the entertainment department, but I must keep my little cousin, Grant, happy. Good day everyone!
OH, I do have a PS – Thank you, new followers! You have NO idea how much that has just simply made my week knowing other people beside Margaret, my parents, & Jenn (our store manager at the fabulous Aritzia where I work) are reading my ridiculous thoughts. All right. Now I am officially done.
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/2353568/beauty-and-the-ecstasy?claim=5yrh369dprh">Follow my blog with bloglovin</a>


3 comments:

  1. Their place is so cute! I'm glad that Texas now has In-N-Out so that Texans can understand the place where I spent most of my formative teen years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their house(?) looks nice.
    That t-shirt is cool! where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love u so much that i am pecking out my love for u with my left hand and this is hilarious bc it really shows how fucking insane joey and i are also the pics look really good even though j didnt edit them cause ive been whining all weekend about my arm you should call me cause im sounding drunk but really i just cant type at all this is just how i sound when i must contort my sad little body to move at all

    no more commenting for me cause i will scare ppl

    ReplyDelete