May 16, 2011

Away for the Weekend


Okay, so I am currently sitting in an airplane. Yes, that’s right. I am blogging via American Airlines, about 35,000 feet higher than all of you readers. My reasoning? Oh, you know, I just felt like hopping on a plane just for the hell of it. Just kidding. Although, that would be pretty freaking cool to be able to just fly around whenever and wherever you wanted. Sure would beat 5:00 traffic! Any who, I am on my way back to Dallas from my weekend in McAllen/Mission, Texas, visiting my aunt, uncle & cousin, Grant (who just celebrated his 11th birthday last week), which makes my 20-year-old self feel old. And yes, I am aware 20 is very young but I now understand how my dad feels when I tell him I ran into someone from like, elementary school.
So here I am on my second visit since their move from Dallas five years ago. McAllen (or maybe they live in Mission, I am not sure, but Mission just sounds kind of boring) is a small little suburb. SMALL. Okay, sidebar- I have to complain a second because the guy sitting in front of me just pushed his seat back all the way and made my Mac book fall in my lap. Not cool man with black, spiky hair. Now I am going to kick his chair. Okay, back to my trip. As I said earlier, I hadn’t been there in quite some time, so I was expecting a lot (according to Google, at least). Just kidding – try it. Even Google doesn’t have much to say about the city. The highlight of my first visit a few years ago was traveling by FOOT into Mexico. That was fun and I got a lot of cool things. And it was like, real Mexico. It was eye opening to see how other cultures live and what others go through; it’s amazing. Obviously, during this trip, a Mexican adventure was not an option. Kinda bummed, but definitely understandable…maybe next time?
The weekend flew by – shopped a lot (got some cool bracelets I probably over paid for), ate some good food, and had nice, old-fashioned family time. After one of our nightly dinner outings, I felt the need to go on a little adventure. So I took Grant and we walked around the neighborhood, and of course took photos so I could share with you all. We had such “blogging” faces on. He even captured me looking rather pissed/annoyed while sitting in a field of weeds. But it was too blog worthy to just trash it. 
Wow, this post is longer than I thought it would turn out. Thanks American Airlines for the generous amount of space I have here to type on my laptop! Apparently, my dad was too cheap (or just rude, I am unsure) to pay the $45 to upgrade me to first class (which is like, empty…taunting me). Oh well, I am just happy to be in a window seat with no neighbor beside me (there is a guy in the first seat who was originally next to me, but made the switcheroo mid-flight. Awkward.) Oh well. I had such a good weekend with the fam and hope everyone else’s was as eventful as mine or maybe even better!
Wait. I have a PS that is too funny to not tell (not to mention show the horribly taken “Myspace-esque” photo I took of myself, below). Okay. So when I got to McAllen on Thursday, I was probably one of the first people to get to baggage claim. I watch all the bags glide down to the circular rink for its owner to pick it up. Still waiting. UM. Where.Is.My.Bag? Yeah, it didn’t make it on my flight; it was on the next flight (which was weird there was a second flight to McAllen that night). Well, we didn’t know it arrived that night until Friday morning, so I was clothes-less, the worst feeling in the world. I packed my entire life in that damn suitcase. Good thing I am the size of an eleven year old, though, because I had to borrow his pajamas. So enjoy the photo of me in child’s size pj’s, I know my family did. Okay, that is now officially all folks.









4 comments:

  1. I really like the pics especially the one of Grant with I think is a stick or possibly a sword :) Happy flying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there.i like your outfit posts.lovely blog.i am following you.follow back if u want :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. loooooove you so excited to finally get online to finally see your amazing post and your amazing pics my lovely casey : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and i want more pajama pics! you should do a "pre-bedtime mirror pic of the month" feature.
    that was only sort of a joke.

    ReplyDelete