May 26, 2011

First Aid.

Red cross ("first aid") shirt- Wildfox, White Destroyed Jeans- Siwy, Beaded Belt- TNA, Shoes- Litas (JC), Bag- Vintage Dooney & Bourke, Hoop Earrings- FP, Big Silver cuff- vintage, Bracelets- FP, random.
So yesterday was a fun and eventful day. Had to work in the morning (not the fun part), well okay, it was 10 am, but still. That's early people. But at least I had something to look forward to afterward...a photo shoot! After work, I met up with Margaret and her stylish self, where she took me to her favorite little spot in the shopping center by her apartment. It was amazing. I fell in love with a new store besides Intermix- Blinc. Well, this is where I purchased the fabulous red cross Wildfox top you have now seen me in. I wanted to buy, well pretty much everything I tried on (minus the pastel maxi...sorry Marg), but my wardrobe money is limited these days for my recent decision to get a new Mac. Not the brightest idea because all I do when I shop is buy, I mean there is no question. Maybe this will be good for me, saying no to that horrible little voice in my head telling me "yes, yes, yes!" to a $400 pair of shoes. It will be like shoppers rehab. Sounds terrible, but I suppose doable. 
Alright, let's fast forward through my rehab rant coming on and continue at picture time. The best part of taking photos is the before. Marg and I will throw the craziest stuff together, seeing how something looks that is completely, well...weird, but in the best way possible. I was in the middle of going through her closet and found buried in a heap behind her dirty clothes bin, the amazingly destroyed white jeans. NEED them to be mine. Good thing we were taught to share! So that is the concoction of this outfit post. Clothes were all lined up and ready to go for my 4 outfits shoot. *Click, click, click* Pictures were finito, just like that. Really. Joey is uber fast at this gig, no lie.
Now that I was done "modeling", it seemed fitting to just go home, watch a crime show (or two, three max), and go to sleep. Nope. My friends had other plans for me. I decided on going to hang out with a few of my girlfriends, thinking we would just hang around for a bit chatting about boys (I mean girls don't talk about anything else. Please note the sarcasm.), watch a movie, or paint our nails (I am the nail queen). Oh no, my dear readers. I arrived in perfect timing to watch...basketball. I believe they are called the Mavericks, Mavs for super fans who like to abbreviate. Ha, just kidding. I do know who our local NBA team is, but I have yet to become a fan of this sport. I apparently saw the ending to some super game because everyone was excited and screaming when they won. Go Mavs. Yeah. Well, our "after party" for their successful win was fun. Had some tonic water (nothing added, of course), talked, watched The Hangover to prepare ourselves for the second one. 
What a night it was, or shall I say day? Glad it took me 24 hours to indulge you readers of my wonderful Wednesday, but better late than never, yes? Indeed. Have a lovely evening everyone and enjoy your weekend!
Wait, I have a PS. Sorry for the laughing photo, but Margaret insisted that it was "too cute" to trash.

10 comments:

  1. "I met up with Margaret and her stylish self". I wonder what my dowdy self is like. I'd like to meet her- would other people like her more, or less? CONUNDRUM.
    Also, you look adorable and your blog makeover looks adorable and I'm gonna be checking every day while I'm gone for the BLUE OUTFIT!!!!!!!!!!

    ...and we all know that the blue outfit deserves that many exclamation marks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! And remember how Joey said it was supposed to be the Swiss Flag, not a first aid signal?
    I think he's wrong.
    Also, when I said "exclamation marks" in the above comment, that was totally my dowdy self typing. She's actually kinda stupid, I think, bc we all know that they're mos def called "exclamation points".

    You are so gonna miss me talking at you while you're trying to count out the money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wildfox makes the coolest tees. Love that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank god I didn't title this Swiss flag!! Almost did..baha exclamation marks.
    And yes, Marg has transformed me into a Wildfox fool. Obsession has hit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude you need more followers because your outfits are FAB! love your Jeffery Campbells doll, following :)
    please follow back?
    sheniquaoutar.blogspot.com/ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. when i first saw your shirt i didn't think first aid/ red cross, i thought Switzerland haha but it seems like this isnt just me. basketball is my favorite sport but i always have liked college more than professional, they mess up more? it makes it more interesting? im not sure what it is.
    love this look though, glad you found those pants, you styled them perfectly.
    cute cute cute girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So luck to come across your excellent blog. Your blog brings me a great deal of fun.. Good luck with the site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is excellent article about first aid box. Actually we need to set a trend to keep first aid kit with us in our conveniences, houses and offices.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply stunning! I've never really tried to make tags before. Yours are absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wanted to let you know I love your blog and am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete