Jun 27, 2011

Time of Your Life (sorry the song is stuck in my head..)


Cali is officially finito. Well, it’s been finito for the past few days, but I have been … eh, busy? Yes. So here you go, folks – my inside tour of LA. I took the above photos while driving around Hollywood in the backseat of my friend’s car. Felt like they needed some explanation so you all weren’t like “WTF? Why did you just post photo-shopped pictures of street signs and pretty little west coast homes?” Well guys, I just thoroughly enjoy sticking my head out of the window of a little Jetta, snapping pic after pic of random shit I thought would turn out good. And yes, I did look like the biggest tourist that has ever passed through LA. Who cares? Will I see those people again? Nope. So all is well, just sorry friends, for dealing with my embarrassing hour of snapping photos in the car and making all of your hair un-cute with my window down. You have my deepest apologies, biffles. (PS- “biffle” is a word my friends and I have created…to explain would start a new post entirely.)
Here is what I wrote while high up in the sky the other nighhh (sorry, had to):
I am currently on my flight back to Dal (as my friends and I abbreve Dallas)(and this second parentheses is necessary… why do I always blog on airplanes??!), on my second vodka cranberry (which is scarily sitting on my laptop due to my choice of sitting in front row with no pull-out tables … please don’t spill!), and here to tell you all about my trip to the city of angels. Los Angeles was amazing. Leaving today was sad…insert tear, frowny face here. I had to leave one of my best friends, Steph Crews, who btw is like THE best singer in Hollywood. You’ll hear her on the radio soon enough, so don’t fret about that. I got to spend 5 amazing days with my four bests – Chandler, Monica, Steph, and Han – waking up to the best peeps in the world, spending my days shopping and driving around with them, and having serious heart to hearts, vodka-style. SO fun. I already absurdly miss the out of this world shopping I got to experience in LA. We spent dollar after dollar daily, whether at the fabulous flea market, on Melrose or at Brandy Melville (my new favorite store). This trip was just amazing. Drama occurred, okay. We dealt with it. Met some rad Disney stars and one Twilight-er. Definitely made my inner Disney dreams come true, hi Sterling Knight (pictured below with us girls), Steph’s boyfriend. Yes, guys, he is from the show “So Random.” Be jeal. 
Night 1 was not so entertaining, but rather upsetting/dramatic. Chan and I flew in together and as it became time to collect our luggage (yes, mine was over 50, but the lady was extraordinarily kind and dismissed seeing the extra 4 pounds). Immediately, I see my massive suitcase and then begin looking around for Chan’s. WHERE.IS.IT? It’s McAllen all over again, but for her. Yes, it was lost and put on the following flight. How do airlines mess up so badly?? I really don’t get that whatsoever. I mean, learn how to be able to track a bag or hire people who can put a suitcase on the correct flight. Jeez. Anyway, we find our little Cali girl, Steph, and after much hugs and reminiscing on what has been going on in our lives, it is time to pick up our other two friends, Monica and Hannah. It is official by this point. We are all in California together, at the same time, and expecting the time of our lives. Our wish was granted and we had the most fabulous few days together so here are some photos to show you all how much fun our stay in the town of El Lay (props to Snoop, wow that was embarrassing). Enjoy!
Me & Mon-Bon
 Chan & Crewsy
Me & Channy
All of us at the Promenade
The girls

This photo had to have some sort of explanation: so guy on left (red sweatshirt dude) decided to come up to us and sing, "Sweet Child O' Mine" by Guns & Roses...yeah it happened. Then we meet this delightful creature to our right who is seriously rocking a classic late 90's denim skirt with the knee-highs and boots with the fur. We named him "Boots," obviously.

5 comments:

  1. I would so love to visit LA someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I am about to be on my way there now. But in my car. Sigh. Seven hours. FML.
    2. HOLY SHIT, you have friends named Monica and Chandler?!?! All you need is Ross, Rachel and Phoebe, and you'd literally have the cast of Friends. I kid.
    3. All of you are extremely well dressed and look fantastic. It sounds like you had a great time.
    4. I guess Margaret is rubbing off on me with her damn bullet points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to be in LA! lovely photos! following! follow back maybe?

    http://ieatyogurtforbreakfast.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA!
    - Bullet points are the handiest thing jesus and his daddy and their little ghosty friend ("Omg, the holy ghost is so annoying, dad! He's always embarrassing me in front of my apostles! I've got a shit ton of carpentry to finish!"- jesus, age 20) ever created, which is why my bullet pointing is taking over the world. Bullet points were handed down from god to jesus to the holy ghost to ME. I guess that means the holy trinity is, in fact, the holy quadrangle. How did I get from bullet points to being the fourth member of god & friends? OMG you totally roofied me...I bet you slipped it in my grapefruit juice. SO. All that nonsensical blaspheming I just did? TOTALLY your sneaky juice-spiking fault.

    - I forgive you though, because you're the only person who can make Joey's random Insight t-shirt from about 321224463 years ago look so goddamn cute. That photo is a perfect demonstration of why you MUST become a stylist. You owe it to all the lame, pretentious, kate hudson-esque* idiots of the world who need someone to tell them what to wear every day. Sherman is gonna follow you everywhere, a single sparkling tear dribbling down his kitty face, until you GET THIS SHIT STARTED.


    *I don't think I've ever shared my deep hatred of kate hudson with you. Remind me to explain when you've got about 50 hours to spare. My hatred has many, many levels. I guess the short version would be the fact that SHE IS THE MOST PRETENTIOUS PERSON IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE. And I mean UNIVERSE. All I want to do right now is launch into a novel-length diatribe about her awful, fake, "free spirit" hippie shtick, but I'll just lay it all out in person (fun!) and go make some jewelry now to calm myself down.
    Seriously though, ponder the whole "kate hudson" concept...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Girl !!:) Alerady im your new fan !:) love your blog & your oryginall style !! following you, follow me 2 !! xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete