Jun 7, 2011

Like a Little Fairy

So here I am sitting at our local Borders – blogging (due to a stupid storm two nights ago, my entire neighborhood’s ability to get online has been tampered). Okay, back to the bookstore, need to forget about my home not having the ability to access the Internet. I am looking around at all of the people – some reading books here so they don’t have to purchase it (ahem, my father), some eating Good & Plenty’s while people watching (mom…), one creepazoid in the corner is proudly reading some magazine with a half naked woman on the cover (awkward). Then there are the others. You know, doing business like things on their blackberries or laptops that would go far beyond my head. I feel extraordinarily studious surrounded by all of the people here who prefer reading and typing so intensely that it looks as if it could only be some uber important essay or something. Yes, I like it here.
As you can tell, I am off of work today! Yay! I’ve had quite the afternoon. Woke up around noon (or maybe 1) then had a doctor appointment (yuck), and to make my day especially special, my mom and I went to Buffalo Exchange (this place to bring in your old clothes to get money for them) so I could collect some cash for all of the items that have been hanging on the “you never wear” side of my closet for far too long. I even put my pair of Christian Louboutins in there. Did they take them? NOPE. I was kind of shocked. No, really shocked, and kind of pissed. The have some scuffing on the bottoms, but hello, that happens to any wedge! Well, after I got over that little disappointment, I waited on the girl to go through my belongings and try to salvage anything. This trip to B.E. was not as successful as my other ones. But I did leave with a profit and some new, or rather, old, things – I found a great pair of perfectly worn-in Citizen bell bottoms, a cool vintage tee that’s all holed-up (probably not real vintage but we’ll pretend), and a perfect little pink dress that is way too big for me, but too Barbie-esque to pass up. That’s what a good tailor is for!
I don’t have my usual photographer here today. Margaret and her husband have been in NY and Philly so I have resorted to using some old photos Joey took last photo shoot we did. I stole this dress from Marg…is it not one of the coolest dresses?? It makes me feel like a little fairy, all I need is a wand and my hair in a bun, but the braid will have to do. It is a must have look for summer, too, with the creaminess of it and all. Plus, isn’t the background perfect? We were searching for photo locations and here we are, backs toward traffic. And the lounge chairs definitely added for color effect.
Well, I believe that is all I have to catch you readers up on. Enjoy the remaining Tuesday!

7 comments:

  1. Ha! I always get offended when my clothing isn't purchased by places like that. You look adorbs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't believe they didn't take the shoes. platoe's closet didn't take my true religions once...........my how i wish i could cram my foot into your baby sized shoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a really cute fairy dress! I can take you Louboutins ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You slutmachine!!!! I leave town for like, one week and there's already a boy (referencing the last post) in your life????
    You are gorgeous as usual see you tonight that is all.

    PS- I wonder if people think we work at the ritz? like the hotel? And if so is that super weird or just adorably quaint?

    ReplyDelete
  5. PPS- I laughed at the idea of the dude proudly reading his Maxim or whatever. Partially cause I loudly AND proudly read Maxim while pontificating on the cuteness of the models on the commuter train to NYC one morning. Them commuters were just loving me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh I hate Buffalo Exchange. I actually refer to it as Juggalo Exchange, because it seems like they only want to take things from Hot Topic or things that are really ugly and scene like neon ice cream cone printed Doc Martens. Ugh. I am so NOT surprised that they didn't buy your Loub's... because I tried to sell a pair of Louboutin espadrilles there a year or so ago and they passed... all mine had was some scuffing on them as well. Anyway... I love that dress on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're funny! love the outfit btw!

    http://ieatyogurtforbreakfast.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete