Feb 1, 2011

Blogging For The Very First Time

Hello blogging-world. I was recently pushed by a fabulous fellow blogger, Margaret (FashionLitter.blogspot.com), to start my own...so here it is. Don't expect me to dazzle you with my posts or personal pictures (they will come - eventually). I suppose I will simply start my "story" by sharing my own loves (can you have more than one?) with you all. I am a Barneys fanatic and it is in an extreme tie with the overpriced, sometimes snobby, Intermix. Despite this, smaller atmosphere and detailed attention I now receive at the Mix due to shopping there so much, well, it wins. Obviously, I have a fascination with the famous Olsen twins (take another look at my profile picture - look familiar to the one of Ashley?). I suppose that started when I was younger and they were in their prime as horribly terrific actresses, working on the not so long-lived show, "So Little Time," and making their straight to VHS (wow, this is pre-DVD era!) movies such as "Holiday In the Sun" and "Getting There." Anyway, they have created this dream in my head of the perfect sister. You rarely see them apart, except when Mary-Kate was in rehab or when Ashley is working on her perfectly mastered pieces from their two (overly expensive, Vince-esque) brands, The Row and, my personal favorite, Elizabeth & James. Although I am sounding rather negative toward their collections, I must backtrack and say how much I adore their work and I think of each garment as a real work of art...and worth evert penny. Anyway, I have recently learned that despite their strong bond that seems unbreakable, it is not reality for the rest of us commoners. I just found out via e-mail (two short and sweet sentences) that my older sister, Seann, eloped to a man, or as Margaret will correct me, a boy, who is not liked by many, or really, any that I know of.  We are so MKA...not. I guess that fantasy of mine will have to come true with my children someday. *Cross your fingers!*
Well, I have bored you all with my first post as an official blogger and now I am hitting the hay. "Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." - Dr Seuss. Goodnight all!

2 comments:

  1. Update! Bloggggg my dear Casey, bloggggggggg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the wayyy, "Holiday In the Sun" changed my life.

    ReplyDelete