Jul 15, 2011

SparklePants Got Inspired

All outfits I must creatively copy.






Jewelry I am eternally jealous of for not owning.

The hands of a goddess/creative genius, Pamela Love.

First off, I shall share with you all a perfect, yet kind of long, quote that just hit home tonight for myself. Read it, read it again, learn it, memorize it, then say it aloud to yourself. Okay? Okay, good.
“Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, trees, clouds, water, light, and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don’t bother concealing your thievery-celebrate it. Always remember what Jean Luc Goddard said: “It’s not where you take things from – it’s where you take them to.”” – Jim Jarmusch
Alrighty my lovely little readers, tonight/today’s post is just a complete and total RANT on the subject of … well, we shall see once I land on a subject first. I have been in an ugly mood all day and my frame of mind just went “splat” all over my bedroom floor tonight after driving home from work. Worst part about the whole entire thing? What the hell am I so, so upset over that is forcing me to blog at 3:30 AM?? HA! I’d love to know. Get ready for a most likely annoying, long, plain and simple chitty-chat on boys, work, life, and how despite the ups-and-downs that come with those, the glorious world of fashion (my inspiration pictures captured above just slap a smile across my face) can cure any bad of the three mentioned.
Boy? Not worth mentioning because: A) it’s confusing and as much as I share with you all, he will remain private. But all I will say – he is a big, humongous mysterious puzzle that I am missing pieces from. And B? I just wish the opposite species just knew what to do to make a girl just (oh no, cliché…) smile. Seems easy enough, but it ain’t. Ha – look at me and my Texan accent that I never use. Most of the time I get mistook for an Eastern with my strange “A,” and “O” sounds. I would love to come from somewhere cool in the northeast; however, sadly, I am just from Dallas. No need to get me wrong, Dallas is a great city. Just sometimes I wish I had family in other places (that I actually like or speak to – wait! ONE! Uncle Eric, I am heading your way…) Wow, did I just blow my sad little boy story under the rocks and bury it. Yay! Doesn’t need to be spoken of anyhow, not important; you loyal readers are more significant to me at this time of my life what with me trying to be a real rad blogger and all. Note I did not say I would be the next “Fashion Toast” or “Sea of Shoes.” I mean they are just too inspirational to me, not to mention famous for their beautiful words and photos, to even put them in my own personal category of blogging. I just want to show the world, or 26 followers (yes, that did include my two lovely parents), that I can style and showing others how to dress and accessorize is a long-time dream of mine that I have decided tonight I will make happen…no matter what (thanks Marg for the pep-talk! Love you sis!).
Alrighty-roo. Where am I heading next? OH. The dreadful four letter word that most people don’t like to talk about except for the lucky ones who enjoy WORK. Well, folks, I am no longer the merchandise manager for Aritzia at Willowbend anymore starting this Saturday at 5:30 when I walk out that door. Change is just hard for me, as it is with a lot of people. Not meaning to sound sexist here, but usually women take transformations harder than men. Not all the time, but a good percentage. Sorry, girls who now are going to un-follow me or think I am not on “our” side. I guess I should explain why I will no longer be working at the Ritz in just two small days (eeeeek!). I am taking time off to just blog, blog, blog, write (my dream is to one day have a book published and then go to Barnes & Noble and move it from the bottom bookshelf in the back and move it to the front section where they have all of the books the New York Times recommends. Perfection.), have fun (hello Miami in 2 weeks with my best friend, do you need a reminder peeps? MARG, duh), dye my hair some more, maybe get it cut SHORT, and oh yeah, did I mention blog? No couch potato for me. I will be working hard to figure out my next step in ahh good ol’ number 3 – life. Life is hard; it really is – for me, at least right now. My next step in the world of Casey Land (as I like to conceitedly refer to my own existence…no need to judge, I already do) is to well, blog (EFF. Now I am kind of embarrassed because I probably won’t get to do it as much as I am planning and you will all have proof I said I am going to write on here well, basically non-stop). Oh well. I will also be figuring out (while doing all the above I have already mentioned) where I want to finish college at while hanging out with my other half, who yes, (side note) did dye my hair for me so woot woot (really, Casey? Woot woot? Just remember guys, it is now 3:45 AM) no more paying at the salon for color!
Okay. I have completely bored all of you to absolute death. Kind of even bored myself a tad bit, but I am okay with that. Just needed to vent and share some feelings with you all! It is amazing how this blog community comes together and there is never, ever negative feedback. Such a charming group we are and I am so, so honored to have been welcomed in to it the way I was. So a huge thank you to my readers who never let me down and are a tremendous help with my self-esteem and just getting to know who I even am better. Love to you all!

I hope you all have a tremendous day! And yes, real quick, SparklePants is my latest nickname from the FashionLitter herself. So there is the title meaning.

9 comments:

  1. So jealous of that jewelry too! I need more! Must get more!!
    Come visit me babe!
    xx
    Jess
    SparksandFireworks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I know it was rather long...but eh, that's just me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dear i m your fan on look book and i find your blog. its amazing. cool pics i follow you!!! <3
    check out my blog n follow me with google if u like it
    http://venusdollshouse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them ALL!



    www.shevahh.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!
    I love excessive finger jewelery but I get annoyed of it all pretty quickly :( too bad
    I make up for it in marc jacobs! LOL

    ♥, Ette
    www.thriftedkarma.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe that the post has perfect collection of words and a well research. Its awesome! Thanks for sharing. Waiting for next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I am quite satisfied with that opinion given in your site. I think it must be implacable in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indeed a very nice post and I am a devoted orthodontist reader at Las Vegas.Your post is really very valuable and I have now subscribed the same, keep up the good posting.
    Marketing communication strategy | Advertising as profession in Estonia | Advertising professional in Estonia

    ReplyDelete